- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
(Senior) Stress Engineer
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated (Senior) Stress Engineer at their site in Cwmbran.
The Senior Stress Engineer provides analytical expertise in structural and occupant injury simulation, working closely with other functions such as Design, Certification and Production to ensure that seating products are lightweight, durable and safe throughout their working life.
- Ensure that the risk of a certification test failure is managed effectively during the design and minimised with the use of analytical methods and judgement.
- Prepare, develop and review linear static, non-linear, crash, multi-body dynamic and optimisation FE models for seating products to support the design and certification process, plus the in-service life of the product.
- Prepare, review and approve stress and structural documentation to submit for customer and regulatory approval.
- Support the Design team in ensuring that products meet cost and weight targets.
- Review and approve drawing and designs for stress. Review and approve concessions and repairs.
- Identify and validate potential issues and recommend improvements, alternate solutions and preventative measures.
- Liaise with Design, Certification, Manufacturing and other company departments as required.
- Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required.
- Provide expertise in continuous improvement of department processes and manuals.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience (Essential):
- 2:1 Bachelors (Honours) degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Structural Engineering.
- 3 years+ working experience in industry or research work at an educational institution.
- Experience of working to industry standards and codes.
- Significant experience of pre-processing, running and post-processing advanced FEMs including non-linearities and developing larger, more complex models.
- Experience of analysing structures made with high performance steels, corrosion resistant steels and aluminium. Some basic composite knowledge.
- Experience of working to defined standards in FEM building, analysis and hand calculations. Experience of reporting findings.
Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Skilled in Finite Element Analysis and hand calculations.
- Skilled at Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Sound organisational and planning skills with ability to manage and meet deadlines. Enjoys challenging work. Must be a team player, able to cooperate with different functions and levels of responsibility.
- Is a natural problem solver, skilled at rigorous analysis with a sound ability to make decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
- Proficient in producing and managing Gantt charts.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.