- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Assistant Chief Engineer.
Our client are a major Defence communication business. They are currently seeking an experienced assistant chief engineer to Join them in their Greenford head offices
Provision of Engineering and Technical Leadership to ensure that programs meet the necessary technical requirements and are delivered to cost and schedule.
Responsible for executing the engineering delivery of one significant project (Circa £6 Million) or several smaller ones (Circa £500K approximately).
Design Authority for multiple large, complex and multi-disciplinary design tasks.
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that engineering deliverables are on time, to budget and of suitable quality.
- Mitigate (and minimise) technical risk on each project.
- Develop high quality, cost effective engineering solutions.
- Establish relationships with Customers and Suppliers to further strategic direction.
- Keep a watching brief on our products, recommending necessary improvements to keep the products up to date and competitive.
- Aid adequate team succession by the development of less experienced engineers.
- Champion innovation within the department, seeking opportunities for new products to test the market.
- Ensure engineering processes are effectively implemented.
- Successfully utilise, motivate and drive a team of multi-disciplinary engineers.
- Deputise for Chief Engineer when appropriate.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience;
- Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering or similar. Equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- In depth understanding of Tactical Data Links, especially Link 11.
- In depth understanding of Tactical Networks.
- Understanding of security issues and practical use of cryptos.
- Working knowledge of STANAG standards that define Link 11, 16, and 22.
- Familiarity with Software Design and Development Techniques.
- Familiarity with Firmware Design and Development Techniques.
- Good understanding of Digital and Analogue electronics.
- Detailed knowledge of mathematical simulation tool preferably Mathcad or MATLAB.
- Extensive experience in managing delivery of multi-disciplined engineering projects.
- Understanding of System Engineering lifecycle and V-model.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.