- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Bespoke Project Engineer
The management and delivery of all component development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicle content.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- To manage and carry out the necessary development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, BTK Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer
- Developing and evaluating conceptual alternatives from the Process-Chain, and supplying cost information to UR-V-B / LR-W-1 Purchasing for make or buy decisions
- To financially evaluate bespoke features for Engineering relevant budget costs including Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget in the feature sheets as the project develops
- Lead the "Bespoke Engineering Team" and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business
- Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements and assigning them to the correct stakeholders within the "Bespoke Engineering Team" and supporting the tasks assigned from the Lead Engineer
- Creation, maintain, and alignment of engineering time plans ensuring activities are aligned with Process-Chain stakeholders and deliver the project on time for the require milestones
- To mediate any conflicts within the process chain, implement the solutions with best effect to the overall business, or escalate topics to the Lead Engineer that cannot be resolved
- Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & OEM Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Lastenhefts, and other engineering documents
- To agree with Series engineering stakeholders the required Legal, Safety & OEM group requirements to features must adhere to
- To lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D drawings, other specification documents and prepare information for Engineering Release
- To ensure the engineering design is integrated within the series product packaging without unforeseen effects to the product performance
- To ensure requirements required for manufacture are implemented into the design and associated documents
- To determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
- To validate the product to all homologation requirements before prepare information for Engineering Release
- To lead all resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" (PMP); and to report, document the status when required
- To create and maintain project status information to support the reporting objectives of the Lead Engineer as required
- To continually improve department processes and process "Building Blocks" in conjunction with colleagues throughout the complete bespoke organisation
- To Actively participate in departmental strategic improvements and initiatives
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- 4 year's experience in an Automotive Engineering environment
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for interior/exterior/electrical components with the ability to select appropriate processes and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?