- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principal Marine Electronics Engineer
Our client are a major marine electronics installation and service business currently seeking an experienced engineer and manager to join them in their Hull offices.
- Will lead the team of direct report Electronics Engineers to supervise activities and provide mentoring.
- Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers' vessels and premises.
- Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers' vessels and premises and on company premises.
- Providing technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents.
- Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers
- Works with the Regional Manager and Sales Administrator to ensure the profitable and efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience.
- Provide quotes to local customers for transactional and service business.
- To assist the sales team in using established personal contact and rapport with local customers to help with sales in other business areas.
Experience and Qualifications required;
- A HND/HNC technical qualification or equivalent relevant experience in an electronics discipline.
- Relevant and recent marine navigation and communications domain knowledge regarding the technology on board ships.
- Technical knowledge and competency, able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the Regulations surrounding the Marine industry as well as a broad knowledge of electronics products.
- Past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of the wider maritime community.
- Technical background which would allow an understanding of concepts of all areas of Marine electronics.
- Experienced in engineering management and team leadership.
- Good track record in customer service, sales or other applicable role in which customer contact was critical to success.
- Demonstrate and have skills to lead, manage and organise small projects
- GMDSS operator's certificate
- Radio survey experience
- BOSIET or OLF certification
- Experience working for a marine electronics service company
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...