- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Supply Chain Quality Assurance Engineer
The Company is in the business of building quality ships from their site in the beautiful city of Halifax, Canada. They are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and Canadian Coast Guard
- Define a quality plan for the supply chain including quality accreditations required and annual risk assessments
- Assess Supplier Quality Plans, process capability and quality deliverables from suppliers
- Ensure that processes are in place and adhered to such that all Customer and ISI technical requirements are correctly instructed in supplier purchase orders
- Determine a verification strategy for supplier product and process, including inspection and test plans
- Generate supplier project inspection and test plans and final inspection checklists
- Report and analyse Quality performance of Suppliers using the appropriate suite of performance indicators
- Conduct QA audits and Quality System Procedure reviews
- Identify process gaps, and lead actions to close the gaps which may be initiated from non-conformance reports or corrective / preventative actions
- Manage non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions related to supplier quality
- Identify internal and external process gaps, lead initiatives to close the gaps
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of best practice supply chain processes organization.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering related subject: Mathematics, Statistics, Business
- Years of Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in the shipbuilding industry, in a supply chain, or engineering function
- Six Sigma Black belt or Lean Management
- Experience in sourcing, engineering, quality, manufacturing, and program management
- Experience in developing and implementing vendor qualification programs
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Report and procedure writing with excellent presentation skills
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Ability to present data effectively
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...
- Flagship UK aircraft carrier heads home
The mighty HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier will soon arrive in her home port of Portsmouth – a milestone moment for the...