- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Environmental (HS) Advisor
My client is looking for a Environmental (HS) Advisor with IEMA or NEBOSH certificate in Environmental Management or Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice.
Position Description and Key Objectives:
Using knowledge of applicable UK statutory instruments, the Environmental (HS) Advisor is tasked with providing compliance advice and guidance to sites and project teams. The Environmental (HS) Advisor assists the European QHSE & Compliance Manager by providing expert advice, timely feedback on incidents and corrective actions, as well as regular updates on the performance of the Environmental & Safety Management System (ESMS) operated at STC and CaTC.
The Environmental (HS) Advisor, acting as a key coordinator and integrator will facilitate proactive reporting and continual improvement, aligned with compliance requirements. This will include providing support for continued compliance to Environmental related policies and risk management and the certification to meet the requirements of ISO 14001 & OHSAS18001. The Environmental (HS) Advisor will provide advice and assistance to develop and maintain elements of Integrated Management System including internal audits, corrective action monitoring and encouraging risk management and preventive action.
To include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Focusing on Environmental matters but providing additional H&S resource as required
- Work with European QHSE & Compliance Manager to ensure certification to ISO14001
- Undertake internal audits in execution of the established assessment plan to include ISO14001, OSHAS18001/ISO45001 (ISO9001 may be a later requirement)
- Identify gaps in the management system and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide input into the group wide ESMS section of the Integrated Management System, working with process owners and line management at all levels
- Work with nominated Operational Group Managers to help deliver Business Continuity Plans for STC & CaTC
- Provide support to the European QHSE & Compliance Manager during certification body (LRQA) assessments
- Ensure that the risk register (STC & CaTC) is complete, reviewed and maintained in line with the Group Risk Management processes
- Coordinate (and lead where the significance requires) the investigation and escalation of all incidents reported at STC & CaTC
- Support the European QHSE & Compliance Manager by feeding Environmental information into the EMEA monthly Safety Summary report
- Facilitate and draft annual EMS overview for inclusion in the annual EMEA & PP Management Review pack
- Host and take responsibility for any visits by external providers e.g. EA, reporting outcomes to the European QHSE & Compliance Manager
- Mentor Assistant QHSE Advisor and any subsequent Apprentice at STC and CaTC
- Ensure training is provided for all levels of employees in relation to Environment at STC & CaTC
Person Specification Attributes
Skills and Abilities
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.