- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Flood Risk Consultant - Brighton
Our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Environmental / Flood Risk Consultant with excellent commercial and client orientated communication skills and an interest in flooding to join a vibrant and expanding team.
As a Senior Environmental / Flood Risk Consultant, you will become a key part of the existing consulting team; producing predominantly Flood Risk Assessments for planning and other purposes and crucially, checking and authorising the work of more junior members of staff.
As such, an experience of leading projects and a full understanding of current flood risk planning policies are critical.
For this role, you will be degree educated in BSc. (or ideally MSc.) Geography/Environmental Science/Natural Hazards/Environmental Engineering. You will have an understanding of the commercial elements of consultancy, and will be confident speaking with potential clients, developing new business and have at least 2/3 years' experience working in a similar role.
You will also have the following experience:
- Experience leading consultancy projects;
- Commercial awareness and client relationship management skills;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communications skills;
- Project and time management skills and ability to self-manage;
- Willingness to contribute to developing and training more junior members of the team;
- Experience of Flood Modeller Pro / ISIS tuflow / or similar;
- The ability to work in a team and contribute proactively.
Ideally, candidates will also have experience or exposure to one or more of the following:
- Surface water drainage schemes;
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
This role comes with specific training and a competitive salary.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.