- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Team Leader
Our client is looking for an experienced Team Leader to join their team in Essex
The successful candidate will, lead, manage and be accountable for a team of technical and administrative staff engaged in undertaking the management and maintenance of the highways network, including planned and special maintenance in accordance with the statutory obligations and appropriate legislations to provide a Clean, Safe and Healthy environment.
- Delivery of capital infrastructure programmes including implementation of the Local Transport Plan working alongside other groups within the service, government agencies and national and regional bodies.
- To lead on Highways, streetworks, street lighting, implementation of capital projects, including the management of permits and licensing schemes in respect of the highways network in accordance with statutory obligations and appropriate legislation to promote a Clean, Safe and Healthy Southend.
- To ensure that the Council complies with its statutory duties in this regard and design and construction are of the highest quality enabling value for money, efficiencies and achieving a leading edge; provide expert professional/technical advice, guidance and up-to-date information in line with council policies and strategies.
- To be the principal point of contact for this service area and take relevant action to ensure the highest standards of service delivery and customer satisfaction are maintained in accordance with the required legislative guidelines and best practice approaches to enable excellence in service delivery, value for money, maximising opportunities for cross cutting and joint working with external partners.
- To continuously seek to improve processes and communications that will lead to improved customer satisfaction. To assist the in the planning, development, integration and implementation of specific works programmes which aim to make the experience of travel in Southend safer and sustainable. To help businesses and customers in their daily lives, so to aid continuous sustainable economic growth whilst protecting the environment and meeting the requirements of council and the Local Transport Plan.
- To support the Group Manager in working in partnership with other sectors, groups and departments to deliver excellence and to provide the planning, integration and delivery of services in a way that is response to customer and local needs and provides a link between the Council's corporate aims and local action.
- Assist the Council's Traffic Manager to discharge the Council's statutory responsibility under the Traffic Management Act including advising the Corporate Director for Place, Head of Planning and Transport and the Group Managers on responsibilities and necessary actions.
- Contribute to and support the management of the Transport Asset Management Plan (TAMP) in line with National guidance and good practice.
- Ensure the efficient and effective preparation and progress of all capital and revenue project from inceptions to completion.
- To be responsible for the delivery of a range of services within the team to ensure that all aspects of operational delivery provide a customer-focused, accessible and cost-efficient service.
- To manage the programmes of work, project plans and consultants as needed to maximise cost effectiveness, value for money and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the implementation plans, policies and priorities are driven by the needs and aspirations of the public, by full and effective engagement with local residents, businesses and other users on activities which affect them.
- To ensure that service customer response targets are continuously met and improved upon.
- Act as principal point of contact for initial Member enquiries relating to customer care and satisfaction. Co-ordinate responses to complaints.
- Liaise with Development Control & Planning Officers to ensure local issues and concerns are included in the formal highway/traffic comments on planning applications. Liaise with other staff to ensure that there is parking related input within Section 38 and Section 278 agreements under the Highways Act 1980.
Experience & Qualifications:
- First degree or equivalent in a related subject or related area or at least 5 years' relevant experience.
- Membership of related professional bodies (Desirable)
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Management Qualification (Desirable)
- A good working knowledge of the range of relevant principles, practices, and procedures relating to area(s) such as Parking Policy, plans, LTP, procurement and operational management.
- An understanding of local government procedures and relevant Acts of Parliament.
- Good practice in the management of financial and human resources, and asset management.
- Appreciation of the wider context of Services for Communities activity
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.