- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
My client is looking to recruit a motivated, commercially aware EIA Consultant to join their friendly team and to build on our existing and growing EIA portfolio.
*Coordination, management and writing relevant sections of Environmental Statements / EIA Reports across a range of sectors, including the overall production of the Environmental Statement / EIA Report;
- Support to the Environmental Assessment team in developing new business opportunities and writing tender proposals for EIA projects across a range of sectors;
- Co-ordination of and interaction with a busy multi-disciplinary team across Scotland; and
- Acting as a regular client interface.
You will have:
- At least 3 or more years' proven UK EIA consultancy experience, having been closely involved in the project management of EIA and in compiling Environmental Statements. Scottish experience is an advantage;
- An ability to think commercially and work cross-company;
- A relevant undergraduate degree (with additional MSc preferable) and Associate membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA);
- Proven skills and experience in project management, and the ability to produce written reports to a high standard. Examples may be requested;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001;
- A good understanding of EIA legislation and the Scottish planning system;
- Proven experience with clients, internal multi-disciplinary teams, sub-consultants and regulators, with associated strong and confident communication skills.
It would also be an advantage, but not essential to have the following skills:
- Direct experience of the Scottish planning system - for example submission of planning applications, discharge of conditions, writing of Planning Statements etc.;
- Some experience in assisting another technical discipline (e.g. ecological survey, noise, air quality); and/or
- GIS experience in ArcGIS.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.