- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
To support the Highways and Street Works Co-ordination team.
Manage Permit applications ensuring that the only deemed permits that have occurred have been as the result of technical issues and to ensure that the aims of the Traffic Management Act have to be adhered to.
* Manage permit fee reconciliation on a monthly basis and deal with financial queries when they arise from utilities
* To take the necessary action to resolve disputes between the Utilities and the Public
* Issuing and tracking of fixed penalty notices when breaches of conditions included in the East of England permit scheme are identified by inspectors
* Monitoring of expenditure, income, fees and charges.
* To keep abreast of current NRSWA legislation and codes of practice and initiate any necessary changes in working practices.
* Ensure all utilities' and highway authority's notices and registrations are logged into the computer system, checking that notices conform to the templates in the Code of Practice for Co-ordination of Street Works, and that the notice periods are correct for the location and type of works
* Monitor charge production work specifically related to Defect and Sample Inspection fee charges.
* Undertake investigative work to defend charges where they are challenged including Permit Charges and Defect Charges, demonstrating a knowledge and application of key codes of practice and legislation.
* Co-ordinate the collation of evidence in the event of prosecution against undertakers for a breach of NRSWA or TMA offences in accordance with the legal team and the
* Liaise with utilities and other organisations about works
* Liaise with IT to try to ensure that the IT systems continue to operate effectively and where problems have arisen to help identify and resolve them quickly
* Undertake site visits and inspections with undertakers when required
* Deal with verbal and written enquires, service requests and correspondence from Councillors, members of the public and other agencies on relevant TMA and NRSWA related matters.
* Maintain close working relationships with Councils.
* Organise regular performance meetings with stakeholders on a regular basis
* Consult with other members of staff from different departments to explain how the permit scheme could fit into policies within other departments
* Work closely with the boroughs project managers and engineers to ensure street works and permit compliance is met and parity with undertakers adhered to
Qualifications / Experience:
* Street Works Administration Experience
* Relevant experience within highways maintenance
* IT skills a pre-requisite in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Relevant experience in the NRSWA and the TMA
* Excellent organisational skills are imperative
Monday - Friday normal business hours.
- £15.00-£17.00 p/h LTD via Umbrella Provider (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call George Thripp directly on 01489 882 664
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Filled.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...
- 5 qualities that make a great highway engineer
What do the best highway engineers have in common? Joe Wilson, Department Manager of Highways at Matchtech, shares the top q...