- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
FPGA Design Engineer
Our client are a major naval systems business currently seeking an experienced FPGA design engineer to join their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge products and technology in a growing and successful business.
- Accountable to team leader, project managers and technical managers as appropriate.
- Accountable for the production of designs, calculations and associated drawings and documentation.
- Ensure that the requirements of the customer is known and understood and obtain feedback on the extent to which customers expectations are being met, ensuring the customers expectations are being managed in the event of unforeseen problems and delays.
- To progress design tasks through the design phase to meet project requirements.
- Ensure the drawings and modelling meet required standards and maintain the design record, monitor progress.
- Planning within the design group, determining milestones with the relevant project engineers and taking ownership of those on behalf of the design team.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- HNC/HND or Honours Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven track record in FPGA design
- Architectural & Detailed Design
- Synthesisable VHDL, Constraints, I/O Planning, Timing Closure, Floor Planning
- Constrained-Random Self Checking Testbenches
- VHDL Simulation and modelling (ActiveHDL, ModelSIM)
- Implementation of Open Source Verification and Validation Methodologies (OSVVM)
- Working with embedded software engineers
- Embedded signal processing
- Development processes and automated regression testing
- Knowledge of one or more of the following would be desirable
- Programmable logic design environments such as Xilinx Vivado & Altera
- Scripting languages (TCL, Python)
- Requirements capture (DOORS, Unified Modelling Language (UML))
- Code review tools (Sigasi)
- Specific knowledge in the following would be desirable
- SyncE / PTP (1588v2) protocols
- 1G/10G Ethernet Media Access Controller (MAC)
- IPv4 Internet protocol stack
- Implementation of Ethernet OSI model in VHDL
- Circuit design of physical layer including copper and fibre interconnect
- Performance and reliability testing and verification activities of network
- Safety critical and high functional integrity based system design (DO-254/BS EN61508) desirable
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Trial support, including work on surface vessels and submarine trials desirable
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team within other departments
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.