- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a cutting edge naval systems business seeking an experienced PM to deliver the next generation of naval sensor and autonomous systems.
- Reporting to all internal and external stakeholders including travelling for face to face communications.
- Defining the project structure, planning and WBS building on the information generated during the bid phase.
- Definition of the Project Team that will lead the project delivery.
- Clear definition and placement of work packages including key subcontracts required to deliver the project.
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project.
- Planning, monitoring, control and update of the project including management of project Life Cycle Management gate reviews.
- Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives.
- Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimised.
- Bid Management - PMs are also key contributors to bids and are required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids including:
- Stakeholder management
- WBS, OBS and programme definition (external and internal)
- Customer and supplier negotiations
- Internal bid reviews
- Project management documentation
- Risk management approach
- Experience of successfully delivering complex technical products from initial design definition through to final test and acceptance into service.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and experience with leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Experience of managing significant value (financial, strategic) projects to challenging timescales, budgets and requirements.
- Domain experience in the defence business or a recognised high end technical industry.
- Good commercial skills and awareness of relevant contractual aspects associated with project delivery.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and negotiate direct with key external stakeholders (Government, Navy, industry) often in overseas environments.
- Although not essential candidates will ideally have membership of an appropriate and recognised professional project management organisation, eg APM.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.