- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
I am currently looking for a Lead Inspector for an Aerospace precision engineering company in Romford, Essex.
The role will be on a permanent basis.
Mon - Thurs: 8-5
Responsible for the delivery of inspection processes that ensure conforming product to design data, customer and AS9100 requirements.
The daily management of functional targets for full on-time delivery of the inspection functions in line with the business requirements whilst ensuring compliant product, including the receipt of product from external sources.
The delegation and local management of workload within the function and advising on problem resolution
Responsible for the application of the content of the company Quality Management System which is applicable to product verification.
- Health & Safety
- Responsible for conducting and maintaining all risk assessments within the cell.
- Ensuring that all team members conduct their tasks safely and report any hazards and near misses.
- Actively promote a safe working culture within the business.
- Operations & Finance
- Verify the conformity of parts, assemblies and subassemblies in line with engineering drawings, the quality management system and any customer specific requirements.
- Responsible for comprehensive completion and auditable traceability of inspection records.
- Support Production with the timely verification of batch first off, and the introduction of Approved Operator Processes.
- Create and compile First Article Inspection reports to customer and the current revision of AS9102.
- Identify and report Non Conformances as per Company procedure and take an active role in the Quality Clinic Process supporting root cause analysis, problem solving, containment and corrective action.
- Participate in Product Introduction planning meetings and advise on inspection methodology.
- Support continuous improvement activities as required.
- Update and maintain all metrics and KPI boards daily to maximise efficiency and team performance relating to the key performance indicators ensuring communication to the Team
- Provide department representation to daily Production meetings and flow down the information to the Team
- Ensure that the required work within the team is carried out in the most efficient and controlled manner.
- Ensure overtime is managed and utilised efficiently within the departmental budgets and targets.
- Maintain all area 6S requirements ensuring that the business targets are maintained and corrective / improvement plans exist where required.
- Liaise with other internal departments e.g. production control, engineering etc. in order to plan work in accordance with manufacturing plan requirements.
- In the event of machinery and equipment failures, adequately support any actions to restore production quickly.
- Ensure through supervision f the team that problems are identified and mitigated to ensure the business daily targets are met with identification of priorities.
- Responsible for identifying any necessary resources for the team including tooling and equipment capability and maintenance.
- Team training needs are highlighted and administered in a timely manner with cross training where practicable.
Develop oneself in line with the needs of the job role understanding key elements including adaptability, assertiveness, empathy and influencing.
- Manage the team to ensure good communications, employ relations and high morale whilst managing day to day employee matters including disciplinary, recruitment, performance feedback / reviews and attendance records (appointments, holidays, sickness etc) working within Company guidelines.
Carry out any other duties appropriate and a required by the Engineering & Quality Manager / Production Manager to support business requirements.
Requirements - experience:
- Able to interpret and understand technical data including customer drawings, specifications and FAIR documentation.
- Familiar with Goods inward inspection of finished products / components and experience in dealing with external customers and suppliers.
- Aerospace industry experience essential and the sanctioning of products
- Experience of inspecting precision components ensuring adherence to drawing requirements.
- Experience of setting and using a wide variety of direct inspection gauges and measuring equipment.
- Experience of Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operation and programming techniques.
- Working knowledge and understanding of 6S principles and objectives.
- Numerical skills, ability to work with figures and make measurement calculations.
- Able to read and accurately interpret engineering detail and assembly drawings, metric and imperial including extensive knowledge of GD&T requirements
Requirements - qualifications
- Good general education, preferably time served engineering apprenticeship.
- ONC/HNC in Engineering or equivalent
Requirements - personal characteristics
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, internally and externally.
- Able to work as part of a team or on own initiative and to provide a service to a wide variety of teams.
- Ability to work within tight time scales whilst maintaining and promoting quality standards.
- Organisational and prioritization skills.
- Confidence to challenge product progression in the event of non-conforming discovery.
- Displays confidence, integrity and positive attitude.
Results oriented with an analytical and problem solving mindset.
CMM programming ability desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?