- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our London based client are seeking a Highways Engineer to deliver highways infrastructure services and projects to an agreed timescale and within budget.
The successful candidate will oversee the work of contractors, and will ensure they meet your high standards and that all elements of the project are meeting appropriate regulations and health and safety standards. You will also take charge of a programme of maintenance programmes throughout the year and conduct surveys and site inspections, applying your knowledge of the latest developments in the field of engineering.
Education, experience and skills required:
- Qualifications including an HNC or NHD in Engineering, a recognised degree in a relevant discipline and professional membership of an engineering institution.
- Experience of overseeing responsive maintenance plans and of delivering projects that are in line with Construction Design and Management 2015 regulations.
- Evidence of continuous professional development and outstanding knowledge of all relevant regulations and standards including NRWSA, HAUC and Health and Safety.
- Good IT skills including an intermediate level of bespoke design and engineering related software.
- The ability to develop and mentor junior members of staff.
- Solid verbal, written and numerical skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highways
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...