- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our London based client are seeking a Highways Engineer to deliver highways infrastructure services and projects to an agreed timescale and within budget.
The successful candidate will oversee the work of contractors, and will ensure they meet your high standards and that all elements of the project are meeting appropriate regulations and health and safety standards. You will also take charge of a programme of maintenance programmes throughout the year and conduct surveys and site inspections, applying your knowledge of the latest developments in the field of engineering.
Education, experience and skills required:
- Qualifications including an HNC or NHD in Engineering, a recognised degree in a relevant discipline and professional membership of an engineering institution.
- Experience of overseeing responsive maintenance plans and of delivering projects that are in line with Construction Design and Management 2015 regulations.
- Evidence of continuous professional development and outstanding knowledge of all relevant regulations and standards including NRWSA, HAUC and Health and Safety.
- Good IT skills including an intermediate level of bespoke design and engineering related software.
- The ability to develop and mentor junior members of staff.
- Solid verbal, written and numerical skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highways
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...