- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client is seeking an experienced Structures Manager to design, deliver, manage and maintain all public realm related structures and co-ordinate engineers, officers and contractor services for efficient and effective structures related services
The successful candidate will design, develop, manage and maintain all structures in the public realm (including, but not limited to highways structures) working to ensure everyone involved in these projects is working cohesively. Seeing to it that the works stay within financial constraints and are of the highest standards, you will be entrusted with a revenue of around £500,000 and a capital budget of up to £4million. Providing structural related expertise, you will promote safe working, always within the relevant regulations.
Education, experience and skills required:
- A Civil Engineering degree (or equivalent) with chartered or incorporated membership of an engineering institution.
- Experience of delivering public realm structures projects and schemes, with the capability to inspect, assess and design highway structures.
- Solid financial capabilities, including the ability to manage a budget, bid for funds and generate income.
- Ongoing professional development including knowledge of all relevant regulations.
- The confidence to evaluate tenders and appoint consultants, plus exceptional communication and staff management skills.
- Good IT skills including PowerPoint and Excel, plus an intermediate level of software for bespoke design and engineering.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Bridge Engineer
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...