- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
We are currently looking for an experienced Engineer to join a busy long-term role on the exciting major project that is known as HS2.
Delivers cost-effective design solutions that comply with HS2's project and statutory requirements, supporting the Senior Area Engineer. Review and assess technical submissions from PSCs to determine compliance within standards and requirements.
- Deliver safe and affordable design solutions that meet requirements and ensure value for money at each stage of the HS2 development.
- Support PSCs, drawing on expertise from within HS2 to inform and support the min delivering design work that complies with requirements.
- Identify and assess design risks within the project.
- Ensure technical submissions comply with the accepted format and design requirements.
- Provide technical engineering input, designs, documentation and responses required to support the hybrid bill through parliament including additional provisions, freedom of information requests, and technical requests.
- Attend public consultation and planning forums, working with local communities to identify priorities.
- Support Senior Area Engineer in liaising with external stakeholders to fully capture their input and balance that with the overall HS2 business and technical requirements.
- Explore opportunities for developing local community benefits and solutions under the direction of the Area Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in civil or mechanical engineering.
- Achieved or working towards professional member status.
- Demonstrable knowledge of engineering design principles required to achieve optimal design outputs.
- Ability to carry out robust independent checks on a wide variety of designs and produce, interpret and assess specifications, standards and technical reports.
- Ability to resolve complex design problems, demonstrating a tenacious approach to tackling problems whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders, demonstrating strong influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence a variety of external stakeholders at public forums.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to stakeholders.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, and the ability to deliver under pressure to meet tight deadlines whilst gathering input from other functions.
- Extensive experience of design and engineering, ranging from feasibility to detail design, working on a large, complex infrastructure project.
- Experience of civil contractor management and compliance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?