- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Civil Infrastructure Technician
Our client is a medium sized consultancy who work throughout the UK employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects.
The office in South Oxfordshire are looking for a Infrastructure Technician to join their team.
This team undertakes the following tasks
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
* Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
* Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced technician. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
Relevant skills & experience
* Minimum of 3 years' experience using AutoCAD in a similar consultancy environment
* HNC (equivalent) in Civil Engineering would be desirable
* An ability to use the following software packages would be beneficial:
Micro Drainage, KeyTERRAFIRMA and AutoTrack
* Experience with UK design principles, standards and law
* Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
* Strong self-motivation and initiative
* Good commercial awareness
* An ability to work well with others as part of a team
A Civil Engineering Technician will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
* Prepare drawings and produce practical, safe and buildable designs in AutoCAD under the supervision of an Engineer
* Assist with the preparation of technical and pre-planning reports
* Provide technical support to other members of the in-house team
* Liaise with clients, other members or the professional team and local authorities
Remuneration and training
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events, such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc.
The company has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programs for Chartered status and external short courses.
Their breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.