- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Engineer - Engine Performance
This is a permanent position based in Shoreham-by-Sea with an Automotive consultancy. It offers a salary of £38,000-£45,000 and other benefits such as pension, Health insurance, life insurance, sick pay and 25 days holiday
A vacancy exists within our Engine Performance Development Function for a Senior Project Engineer - Motorcycles/Gasoline Engine Performance Development, based at the Ricardo Shoreham Technical Centre (STC) in Shoreham-by-Sea.
As a Senior Project Engineer you will be responsible for delivery of the following:
- Engine performance strategy definition and development, target setting and benchmarking
- Engine combustion system and air path development (simulation, testbed and vehicle)
- Development of base engine performance
- Engine after-treatment development
- Advanced technology demonstrator vehicle development
A certain amount of business travel can be expected including customer meetings occasional on-site development support. In particular there is the opportunity to work closely - on-site if necessary - with our Motorcycle teams in the UK, Italy and Germany.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record in performance and emissions development of motorcycle engines
- Have practitioner knowledge of the following areas:
- Fundamentals of gasoline combustion and emissions formation Combustion system specification for both naturally-aspirated and boosted engines, with direct-injection and port-fuel injection
- Base engine performance and emissions hardware development
- Key gasoline engine technologies, including variable valvetrains, boosting systems (turbochargers & superchargers), fuel systems, ignition systems and emissions control technology
- Specification & interpretation of engine simulation studies (1-D and 3-D)
- A proven track record in work package and project leadership, including programme and resource planning
- Demonstrated ability to work with different cultures
- Have an Engineering Degree and proven expertise in engine performance development within and OEM, Tier 1 supplier or Consultancy
The candidate will also demonstrate diligence, professionalism, a focus on delivery and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Excellent communication skills are expected as the role will be significantly customer facing (internal and external customers). The candidate will be expected to liaise with customers on a regular basis and present the technical status of their projects.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to develop their career and become part of a world class team working with a global customer base on leading edge development programmes.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.