- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Product Engineer to join their growing team in Havant.
The purpose of this role is to develop the companies current product range. This will involve value engineering products and components ensuring they a fit for purpose using AutoCAD and Solidworks. Ownership of the master drawing library and issues statuses fall into this role. Alongside the product engineering will be to programme flat sheet metal using a Trumpf software package.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Value engineering current product range to ensure cost, form and function are optimised
- Working with other engineers, such as mechanical and electrical engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Ownership of ECR's, Concessions and Production Permits
- Able to work effectively and efficiently within a team.
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks, problems and queries.
- Problem solving techniques and innovation
- Knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials
- Responsible for producing sheet metal programming for a Trumpf punch machine and ensure sheet material ultilsation is maximised to minimise wastage
- To carry out such additional responsibilities as may be considered necessary by the Management.
- Provide awareness of Quality and Environment Policies to personnel working on sites on behalf of Coopers Fire Ltd and to comply with the Company's Procedures and Policies.
- CNC Programming Experience
- Training to be provided on Trumpf software packages
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Excellent eye for detail
- Assembling, measuring, riveting experience
- 3 years of experience as a CNC programmer
- Experience in AutoCAD or Solidworks
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?