- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Software Design Engineer
The ideal C++ software engineering candidates will have the unique opportunity to work on the development of a variety of leading edge products and applications within the security and communications industry.
The ideal candidate needs to have C++ software design and development experience, ideally in an embedded environment, experience of the Linux Operating System is also desirable.
Candidates must be capable of obtaining security clearance.
Other Key Skills:
- Full life-cycle software development experience
- Understanding of software engineering and quality processes
- Solid C/C++ programming experience (including the Standard Template Library) on Linux and/or Windows platforms
- Understanding of operating system concepts such as multi-threading, process scheduling, inter-process communication, memory management and I/O
- Configuration management and version control
- Object oriented design (OOD) and programming skills
Knowledge of one or more of the following would be an advantage, but not essential:
- Design for Security
- Encryption technologies
- Unit testing frameworks
- Assembly language programming
- x86 architecture, hardware programming and device driver models
- Implementation of Graphical User Interfaces
- Experience of Linux development on ARM processors
- Experience of developing for micro-controllers
- Networking technologies, network security and network programming
- Requirements analysis, capture and management
If you'd like to know more, please get in touch.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK, and eligible to obtain basic level Security Clearance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.