- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Manager - Automotive Software
Software Project Manager postion, suitable for a Software Engineer who's recently moved into a Project Management role. Must have an appreciation of the importance of Safety Critical Software and the time taken to code.
Project Manager - Automotive Software
As Project Manager your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain plans for the successful development and roll out of new embedded software products in line with New Product Development procedure. There may also be a requirement to manage introduction of changes of business process in support of the development of embedded software products. The role will include collaboration with other project teams on activity planning, milestone reporting and process review. You will work with the Hardware, Systems Design and Functional Safety teams within the Development Department, together with Quality and Product Management departments, to manage the development of a portfolio of products such that the company's strategic goals are achieved. You will lead software delivery teams to achieve project goals, escalating for more senior level support in a timely and appropriate manner. You will spend time with internal departments and lead customers to understand their requirements and factor these into the overall project plans. You will take responsibility for your personal development to enhance your project management skills and understanding of what is required to deliver safety critical solutions, particularly ISO 26262 compliance in an automotive environment.
- Document project progress, including achievement of APQP milestones (174/13505)
- Lead the implementation of allocated product projects
- Maintain product development plans (e.g. requirements compliance/traceability, software development tracking, validation test tracking, software release planning and H/W-S/W configuration management)
- Manage and resolve project risks and issues
- Ensuring value for money is achieved for the company and our customers
- Ensuring compliance with relevant safety standards, particularly ISO 26262 and ISO 13849 Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Experience in software development
- Practical application of Project Management techniques
- Practical application of quality Management Systems
- Computer literate (Excel, Word wizard)
- Project Planning (MS Project)
- Understands the importance of Safety Critical Software
- SME constraints
- Project management principles (time cost and quality)
Desirable experience and skills:
- Automotive customer management experience
- Foreign language (French, German, Chinese)
- Good Business acumen
- Understand automotive standards such a functional safety
- Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc.
- Structured individual with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
- Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate resilience under pressure
- Technical Degree / APMP qualification or equivalent or
- Must have minimum 2 'A' Levels/HND in Maths, Business Studies or Project Manager
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems
- How to get into automotive engineering
Fancy a career as an automotive engineer? Find out how to get into this exciting line of work from Matchtech Automotive Dire...