- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager (Anglian Water)
My Client is looking for a Project Manager on a Permanent basis within the water sector working on the Anglian Water Framework.
Reporting directly to the Programme Area Manger duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assist the Integrated projects Leader (IPL) and liaise with the Technical Manager to establish the delivery strategy
- Co-ordinate and manage the contract requirements relating to design solutions, construction and commissioning. Collaborate with the Technical manager as per the delivery strategy to ensure excellence in Health and Safety in design. Ensure the CDMC is advised at the start of design and agree the CDM strategy for the review of PCI, DRA, construction drawings and any other relevant information for the project
- Plan all aspects of the projects and agree every Plan for Stage with the IPL. Be responsible to the IPL for delivering all aspects of the project in accordance with the plan. Work closely with the Technical Manager (TM) to agree the technical resource required - work closely with the design & construction managers forecast & manage resource costs throughout the project. Agree clear standards & expectations
- Ensure that sustainability principles in design and construction are fully applied in the projects; work collaboratively. Find the best solutions to meet the Alliance CR&S targets - sustainability in design & construction, minimisation of the energy use, carbon emissions, waste materials reduction & the supply chain
- Be accountable for the expenditure, efficiency challenge and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation as per Governance
- Work with the Design Manager and TM to monitor technical teams progress on all required deliverables - advise the IPL of any deviation from schedule or budget. Ensure regular production meetings take place and chair when necessary. Keep track of all scope changes and ensure that the change control process and technical query process are adhered to on all projects.
- Liaise with the customer and all other stakeholders to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions. Ensure the achievement of high quality customer service and satisfaction. Be the main interface between design and site teams
- Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard.
- Be responsible for the project programme. Work with the Planner, design team and site team to update the programme as required
- Ensure the effective and efficient close out of all projects to meet the clients requirements and enable final accounts completion
Qualifications Person Specification:
- Project Management experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
- APMP qualification or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
- Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Extensive experience in large scale project delivery
- Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
- Experience in water treatment plants
- Experience in using Primavera or Power project.
- Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline
- Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.