- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client designs, sources and manages production technology for their UK manufacturing operations, with the aim of creating a high-efficiency production line.
Mechanical design of body: primarily welding jigs, fixtures, special purpose machines and robot cells.
- B.I.W weld fixtures and equipment design. (Welding of individual panel parts to form sub assembles)
- Special purpose machines welding.
- Mechanical design, detailing, assembly drawing, bill of materials and geometrical tolerancing.
- 3D Solid Modelling.
- Awareness of hydraulic, pneumatic and basic electrical control systems.
- Demonstrate experience of problem solving and implementation of successful countermeasures.
HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3D Cad experience (Ideally Catia V5).
- Good team member and communication skills are a must.
- Must be proactive, assertive, open and responsive to change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a tight timescale
- Willingness to work extra hours when & where required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...