- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client, a large construction and engineering company are looking for a geo-environmental engineer with UK experience to supplement the Geotechnical Division in Hemel Hempstead due to increased growth and project wins.
The successful candidate will be working with the division that supports regional sites by providing a range of construction and contaminated land related advice. The successful candidate will be working with the Company Environmental Manager and the Geotechnical Division. They are specifically interested in hearing from candidates with around 2 - 6 years' experience in a similar role, working either for a contractor or consultancy.
- Provision of remediation and validation reports.
- Provision of advice relating contaminated land planning conditions.
- Geotechnical and geo-environmental data assessment, analysis and reporting.
- Become a Qualified Person
- Provision of technical advice to regional sites relating to contaminated land and geotechnical aspects.
- Assist with analysis and interpretation of site data for use in design.
- Scoping additional investigation where required.
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and development of drawings.
- Visits to site as required.
- Production of engineering design solutions both at tender stage and during construction.
- Site support in a geotechnical capacity.
- BSc or BEng degree level qualified in Geology, Geotechnics, Environmental Science or a related subject essential
- MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or Contaminated Land related subjects preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of contaminated land and planning legislation
- Willingness to become a Qualified Person
- Knowledge of Commercial and residential guideline values and implications thereof.
- Experience of HazWaste Online
- Able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in the field of geotechnics/engineering geology, including an appreciation of the impact of Eurocode 7
- Experience of working with geotechnical databases and other geotechnical software preferable
- Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for geotechnical purposes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Full UK driving licence.
This role with be on an initial contract basis with a view to going permanent after a period of time.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.