- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
My Client is recruiting for an Engineering & Design Manager with a Water Industry background.
This position will be responsible for the management and coordination of key mechanical and electrical engineering design activities for contracts to deliver maximum productivity, cost-efficiency, and standardisation whilst achieving client specifications. They will provide Engineering support to the business where required to allow the business to meet internal and external stakeholder's requirements.
- Responsible for managing the distribution of work within the department. This work includes design, engineering both electrical & mechanical, drafting, software development and testing, and technical writing.
- Responsible for the department utilisation and efficiency. To maintain project engineering deliverables are completed within forecasted costs. To assist with the preparation of engineering forecasting for new projects.
- Will meet all the reasonable demands placed upon the department, with regard to the given workload at any given time. Will prepare, and justify recruitment requirements, permanent and temporary, to meet this workload.
- Responsible for preparing a monthly report for the Order Execution Director on current & future workload, specifically comment of current & forecast expense exposure, current & forecast recovery, and workload.
- Responsible for preparing data for, and representing engineering at the monthly order execution contract management meeting to review the current technical and financial position of all active contracts.
- To comply, support and promote the use of the Company Quality Assurance system. Responsible for monitoring team activity and accountable for ensuring compliance for the engineering team. Will identify and promote improvements to the said system to Company Quality Manager.
- To reduce, on a continual basis the amount of engineering required in executing the work within the department. Responsible for identifying and execute new procedures and policies to reduce the amount of engineering required.
- To closely liaise with the Product Management group and work within the global engineering group in the generation and execution of global policy and procedures.
- Responsible for communication, motivation, performance management, training and disciplinary action for employees within area of responsibility
- Responsible to lead and direct team to apply improvement initiatives/learning across the area to deliver a program of continuous improvement and identify opportunities to enhance or improve existing policies, products, and methods to maintain and increase profitability
- To limit the company to exposure and reliance on subcontract labour where practicable. Where no alternatives exist, then to refine and consolidate the Terms & Conditions they are employed by, in conjunction with HR group.
Knowledge, Skills & Other:
- Must have BEng level in electrical or mechanical or Chemical disciplines. CEng accreditation preferable.
- Must have a significant experience of working in a manufacturing environment along with the knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Chemical Engineering Principles.
- Must have good people skills- coaching, mentoring & motivation of technical professionals
- Must be professional and proactive along with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly motivated team player
- Must have strong IT and technical experience of spreadsheets and calculation / selection tools and good analytical skills
- Detailed understanding of the processes and product range, and experience in coded welding techniques, e.g. MIG / TIG, Structural Engineering / Lifting methodology etc will be useful.
- Experience of major Petrochem clients engineering specifications is desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.