- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Safety Assurance Manager
NATS is a leading air navigation services specialist, handling 2.2 million flights. They are looking for an experience Systems Safety engineer to help with the assurance of mulitple different areas of there buisness.
Accountable to a NATS Change Assurance Manager for :
- Production of the assurance plans, arguments and collating the evidence for the Change Assurance documentation covering the Safety Management and Business Continuity / Service Resilience assurance and risks including contributions from Systems / Software Assurance, Airspace Design, Human Factors and Cyber Security.
- Providing the assurance support and deliverables for a specific specialism such as Safety Management, Airspace Design assurance, Human Factors, System Integrity / Software Assurance for the efficient and effective delivery of the change assurance.
- Ensuring assurance activities for Programmes and Projects are in compliance with the Company and Programme policies, procedure, processes, guidelines and plans. .
- Carrying out the required analysis to understand Hazards and Failure Modes in order to set assurance targets, objectives and requirements and undertake detailed analysis / assessment to demonstrate that these can be met.
- Ensuring that that the assurance arguments are reasonable, well constructed and justified.
- Adopting a pro-active approach to ensure that any change assurance issues affecting the integrity of technical services and/or the safety and assurance of Operations are identified and resolved or raised to the appropriate responsible / accountable manager.
- Preparing and gaining approval for Project Change Assurance documentation (and updates to existing Safety Cases and Assurance documents where necessary). Also where requested, presenting the results to stakeholders such as Senior Managers, NATS Corporate Safety, Operations Managers and the Regulator (CAA Safety and Airspace Regulation Group (SARG)).
- In conjunction with the Senior Change Assurance Manager (or equivalent Project Safety or System Integrity Manager) is responsible for providing assurance support and advice to stakeholders including influencing the service / system design / Airspace design and the implementation of design changes to satisfy derived requirements (as required).
Providing the focal point for the assurance aspects on assigned projects including the Safety Management and Technical Assurance aspects for the NATS Corporate Safety (Directorate of Safety), Operations Safety and CAA SARG, as required.
The purpose of the job is to provide the assurance activities, expertise and resource to enable the implementation of change to NATS operations and services. Particularly to plan, manage and co-ordinate the assurance related activities on projects to ensure that the Service and 'System' solutions meet their assurance requirements and that adequate assurance documentation is produced to time, cost and quality. Where the assurance activities cover
- Safety Management
- System Integrity / Software Assurance
- Human Factors and Validation
- Cyber Security
- Business Continuity / Service Resilience The job holder will fulfil roles that require their own assurance specialism (e.g. Safety Management, HF, Software Assurance) and those that combine the outputs of the activities from other Subject Matter Experts for the construction of the coherent change assurance arguments.QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Preferably having experience in and understanding of the operational and engineering aspects or air traffic control systems. Such as knowledge of Operational Voice Communications systems, Radar / Surveillance systems, Flight Data Processing system etc. Knowledge of the principles and practices for providing assurance (such as those applied for safety, security, business continuity, human factors, software development) as applied to the design and development of systems and services to support the delivery of the NATS Operational service.
Knowledge of the principal tools, techniques and methods of safety and assurance, such as hazard analysis, failure analysis, requirements setting, design assessment, risk assessment, requirements satisfaction, assurance argument and documentation construction.
Good written communication skills, with an ability to adopt style and approach, rapidly assimilate information, and prepare and deliver presentations to a good standard in short timescales.
Appreciation of the implications of ARM and Integrity upon Operational Systems.
Appreciation of the issues associated with Human Factors and Software to the safe delivery of Operational services.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.