- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Environmental HS Advisor
Ricardo are looking to hire an Environmental (HS) Advisor, this is a permanent role based at Shoreham-by-Sea.
You'll work across Shoreham and Cambridge sites, assisting Group heads to ensure that full, sufficient risk assessments are conducted and followed up with adequate actions. Acting as a key coordinator and integrator, you will facilitate proactive reporting and continual improvement, aligned with compliance requirements. This will include providing support for continued compliance to Environmental related policies and risk management and the certification of the Ricardo ESMS to meet the requirements of ISO 14001 & OHSAS18001. The Environmental (HS) Advisor will provide advice and assistance to develop and maintain elements of Integrated Management System including internal audits, corrective action monitoring and encouraging risk management and preventive action.
To include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Focusing on Environmental matters but providing additional H&S resource as required
- Understand applicable regulatory and standards requirements; defining their impact and requirement on Ricardo and with other specialists implement systems to meet requirements
- Work with European QHSE & Compliance Manager to ensure certification to ISO14001
- Undertake internal audits in execution of the established assessment plan to include ISO14001, OSHAS18001/ISO45001 (ISO9001 may be a later requirement)
- Identify gaps in the management system and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide input into the group wide ESMS section of the Integrated Management System, working with process owners and line management at all levels
- Work with nominated Operational Group Managers to help deliver Business Continuity Plans
- Provide support to the European QHSE & Compliance Manager during certification body (LRQA) assessments
- Ensure that the risk register is complete, reviewed and maintained in line with the Group Risk Management processes
- Coordinate (and lead where the significance requires) the investigation and escalation of all incidents reported
- Support the European QHSE & Compliance Manager by feeding Environmental information into the EMEA monthly Safety Summary report
- Facilitate and draft annual EMS overview for inclusion in the annual EMEA & PP Management Review pack
- Host and take responsibility for any visits by external providers e.g. EA, reporting outcomes to the European QHSE & Compliance Manager
- Mentor Assistant QHSE Advisor and any subsequent Apprentice
- Ensure training is provided for all levels of employees in relation to Environment
- Share administration of systems and tools, such as Ricardo Improvement Tool (RIT), R-Ideas, incident reporting and management reviews
- Work independently, yet engage when required, as part of the group QHSE team
- Provide back-up to the QHSE function in other areas where required during periods of vacation or sickness
- Any other QHSE related duties as directed by the European QHSE & Compliance Manager
Qualifications, Experience & Person Requirements
- Degree, HNC or equivalent preferably with Environment Management content Preferred: CEnv or CMIOSH
- Ideally IEMA or NEBOSH certificate in Environmental Management or Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice
- Experience of Integrated Systems implementation and Lead auditor ISO 14001 advantageous
- Minimum requirement Internal audit - ISO14001OHSAS 18001, and/or ISO9001
- Preferred NEBOSH National certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Experienced environmental professional with H&S and some quality knowledge, preferably from an engineering background
Skills and Abilities
- Should have good eye for detail and personal presence
- Able to work at all levels with a variety of cultures
- Good IT skills
- Prepared to advocate, specify and implement new tools and methods
- Excellent facilitator, process improver and change agent
- Trainer, problem solver also able to police systems and encourage compliance
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple demands in a matrix managed business
- Should be able to be successfully checked to Security Clearance (SC) level
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...