- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electronic Warfare Integration Engineer x5
BAE Systems are looking for six Systems Integration Engineers to join an expanding team to deliver the electronic warfare capability for the Royal Saudi Air Force.
These new positions within a highly dynamic team, will help shape the development of the existing product into a highly capable, scalable mission data generation toolset. You will work closely within the team to ensure the successful delivery of the capability on time and budget using lean principles and agile methods. A key aspect of the new toolset is the development of a new Graphical User Interface (GUI) and one of the major responsibilities within this role is to help the development of this functionality such that it supports the processes and procedures that the customer utilises to generate their mission data for the Typhoon Aircraft.
A successful candidate should have experience with systems engineering principles, specifically those around system integration as well as experience working on medium to large IT projects would also be very beneficial. Additionally, a background on Typhoon would be desirable but not essential as new ideas and approaches will be welcomed.
The role will require an individual to work as part of a very close nit team but also with a number of suppliers from both the UK and Germany therefore there will be a requirement for a level of travel by the applicant.
The LTEWP Contract is the delivery of an Electronic Warfare capability into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. As part of this contract BAE is responsible for the EW Programming element and the provision of the toolsets that allow the RSAF to perform this task. The Integrated Generation System is one such toolset and the development of this product is across a number of different international suppliers. This role exists to support the deliveries from each of the suppliers and to perform the task of integrating each work package, perform a level of testing and qualification before delivery to the customer facing delivery team.
These positions will entail the following activities:
- capture and defining specific IGS requirements for dissemination to suppliers
- support to IGS suppliers in understanding these requirements where necessary
- attend various design reviews during the development stages
- support the supplier deliveries ensuring all required supporting documentation is delivered in line with contractual requirements
- determine a level of integration testing to determine successful product deliveries from each supplier
- perform the above testing on the fully integrated product
- document the outcome of the testing and work with suppliers to address any shortfalls or limitations in their products or our own
- package and delivery the product such that this can be delivered by the customer team out in country
The roles will be based at Warton but candidates will be required to travel to supplier locations, such as Germany or more locally within the UK such as Lincoln or London.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.