- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Assistant to Director ofSupply Chain
This role provides professional and executive level support to the Director of Supply Chain, representing the Director in dealings with Suppliers and Partners as appropriate
The role, will require the individual to have good business and commercial acumen as the duties include providing support to sourcing activities, project activities, planning and analysis of information and data, goverance, supplier meetings and preparation of materials for a range of formal meetings. In addition, the role incorporates all aspects of a Personal Assistant to support the Director Supply Chain to make the best use of their time by managing the Outer Office and in particular the administrative duties, use of SAP, Sharepoint, management of communication and materials and event organisation of major department events and conferences.
* Actively support Director Supply Chain with stakeholder engagement meetings and events, working closely with stakeholder relationship owners and subject matter experts to ensure that presentations and/or speeches are commissioned and/or prepared in advance;
* Undertake strategic and tactical project work individually and/or with support from others as required;
* Support the Director Supply Chain to translate strategy work and ideas into meaningful and compelling engagement activities and communication materials
* Communicate with a wide range of internal and external customers as first point of contact, often at senior levels when dealing with external organisation
* Undertake Executive Personal Assistant Support in the following areas;
o Act as Personal Assistant to the Director, Supply Chain, provide secretarial support to nominated members of the supply chain leadership team and ad hoc support to the Supply Chain team.
o Preparation of materials, actions and agenda for Leadership meetings and any other meetings as required by the Director of Supply Chain capturing actions and producing minutes in a timely manner
o Coordinate, quality check and arrange record keeping for Supply Chain Governance forums including the Sourcing Review Panel and Monthly Operations meetings
* Assist the Director in their preparation for business meetings chasing actions as appropriate and proactively identify their requirements ahead of schedule.
* Actively manage correspondence including filtering, prioritising and distribution, dealing with issues as appropriate.
* Organise an extensive range of travel arrangements (utilising NATS travel provider).
* Organise internal and supplier attended events both on and off NATS premises
* Provide expert advice in the use of the NATS Integrated Business System (NIBS) used for time and holiday booking, expense claims and holiday to the management teams.
* Raise purchase requisitions, carry out receipting and run reports in SAP as required.
* Manage departmental purchases including financial tracking, placing orders using a Purchase Card.
* Provide back-up PA support to NATS Executive team members in the absence of their PA's.
QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
This role will represent the Director, Supply Chain in dealings with suppliers and partners. Discretion and integrity are essential. The work is critical to the efficient operation of the Supply Chain and hence to the effectiveness of the Company's third party expenditure.
The postholder must have the maturity to be able to deal effectively with the leadership of Supply Chain as well as the network of Executive PAs in NATS and to convey ideas in a convincing and authoritative manner. Good networking skills and a strong commitment to the attainment of company and personal goals are essential.
In addition they should be able to demonstrate the following skills;
? An advanced level of competency in oral and written English Language skills.
? An applied knowledge of business process analysis and planning, key performance indicators An applied knowledge in data analysis and interpretation.
? CIPS or procurement experience desirable
The experience required in this role is:
? Extensive experience of working in a demanding role with tight deadlines.
? Demonstrable ability working both as a team member and independently to complete tasks with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines.
* Excellent time management, planning, organisational and facilitation skills leading to demonstrable ability to produce clear, concise and accurate information.
* Good networking skills, establishing key contacts around the organisation quickly, valuing them and using them effectively.
* Strong interpersonal, influencing, persuading and communication skills with attention to detail/accuracy being paramount, together with the confidence to ensure that, when recognising errors, they are reported for timely resolution.
* The ability to easily assimilate and disseminate unfamiliar information, and act promptly to pass on relevant information to the appropriate person even if outside of the division.
* The ability to be decisive, yet also able to resolve time and priority conflicts in a non-controversial manner.
* The ability to chair and contribute to large meetings.
* Sound Judgement with well-developed strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills;
* Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to simplify information;
* Clear outcome focus with proven skills in delivering high quality work within constrained timescales;
* Ability to build relationships to progress activities effectively;
* High degree of personal resilience and commitment;
* Ability to maintain the highest professional standards at all times;
* Capable of exercising absolute confidentiality and discretion;
* Good commercial and business acumen;
* Some degree of negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise these at all levels as approriate.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...