- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Rail Engineering Manager
Matchtech are looking to find a well experienced Director level candidate for one of their well-respected clients in the London area. Our client are one of the most respected engineering, construction and project management companies globally.
Working for one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies the successfull candidate will report in to the Project Director within rail ralated disciplines and support the infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of all stages of Engineering Design for global projects. They will develop the execution plan that includes: staffing, office locations, communications, developing/ packaging the deliverables to meet procurement & construction needs, training and zippering plan.
Essential Job duties include but not limited to:
- Planning and conducting independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Coordinating technical issues with other departments on projects which may include constructability requirements and technical reviews.
- Developing the execution plan that includes: staffing, office locations, communications, developing/packaging the deliverables to meet procurement & construction needs, training and zippering plan.
- Supporting the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Preparing or assisting in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Provides engineering support to proposal documents.
- Receiving technical guidance from Engineering Specialists or Supervisors on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers, designers, drafters, technicians and others who assist in performing specific assignments.
- Independently contacting vendor's representatives and project field personnel to gather or give information.
- Contacts client counterparts as directed.
- Planing, coordinating and delivering engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
Key Chractaristics and Experiences
- Ability to present complex matters (simplified) for Stakeholders, senior management and peers.
- Proven track record in delivering projects >£500m to budget and on schedule.
- Ability to develop the engineering baseline (scope, cost plan, schedule and execution strategy).
- Maintains a good knowledge of current trends in engineering design.
- Knowledge of CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129.
- Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures andrelevant design guides.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the rail industry and all relevant disciplines applicable to rail engineering design.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of BIM (minimum, Level 2)
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, OR
- A professional chartership in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized Institution, OR
- Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...