- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Capability Leader (Fabrication and Welding)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a capability Leader (trades supervisor) within our client's Fabrication/Welding department.
Our client is a commercial boat builder based in Pembroke Dock and specialise in designing and building steel and aluminium craft up to 40 metres in length for their worldwide customer base.
The role will involve the leadership of a team of approximately 20 production operatives, with the support of production team leaders, to ensure:
Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standards
Achievement against daily-defined targets for operational Key Performance Indicator's
Continuous development of team members and operational processes
Candidates should be:
* Experienced and appropriately qualified Fabricator/Welder, with hands on working knowledge of yard practices
* Experience of working in an environment with large scale fabrication projects
* Have proven experience of managing people effectively to deliver targets and required outputs
* Have a keen desire and proactive attitude towards modern manufacturing practices
* Possess and be able to demonstrate the drive and ability to bring new ideas to an established industry.
* Previous experience of fabrication/welding practices on complex structures
* Experience of working within a world class, lean manufacturing environment.
* To have had exposure to estimating work from drawings
* Experience working with ERP/MRP systems and electronic Shop Floor Data Capture systems
The ideal candidate needs to possess and be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in the following 3 key areas:
* Skilled in Fabrication & Welding practices within an engineering yard
* Strong manager and leader of people
* An uncompromising and determined attitude to introduce and deliver modern manufacturing practices
The role would suit someone who is looking to progress their supervisory career and has a real interest in performance management.
Salary - £35,000
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...
- Flagship UK aircraft carrier heads home
The mighty HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier will soon arrive in her home port of Portsmouth – a milestone moment for the...