- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Extrusion Team Leader
This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced extrusion engineer who has hands on knowledge of large diameter plastic pipe extrusion.
The purpose of the role is to keep several pipe extrusion lines running efficiently throughout the shift.
There is also an opportunity for an ambitious Setter/Operator to be trained up to this position. Extrusion experience is still essential.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the running of extrusion lines during each shift, including setting extruders and all the downstream equipment. The ideal candidate will have several years' experience in a similar role and be familiar with all aspects of setting and running pipe extrusion equipment and machinery.
Your typical duties will include:
- Ensure extrusion lines are set and running correctly and to schedule
- Production of quality extruded product
- Head, die and pin cleaning, changing and setting
- Barrel and screw cleaning
- Process start up and shut down of the line
- Monitor and maintain quality in accordance with specification
- Liaising with production colleagues and attending weekly meetings
- Assist with trials and first-off approvals
- Hands on involvement to achieve optimum production
- Assist the Extrusion Supervisor with the training of apprentices and trainees
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and all personnel in the department
- Make every effort to keep extruded product scrap to a minimum
- Maintain good housekeeping within the department (5's)
- Throughout each shift monitor product quality and report any non-conforming product to Quality
- Assist with maintaining operating manuals and procedures for each extrusion line
- Follow and understand operating procedures and setting sheets for all extruded products
- Notify the Production Manager of any machine breakdowns or breaches of safety during the production process
- Inform the Production Manager immediately of any breaches of the works rules
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
- A clear understanding of pipe extrusion equipment and methodology
- Ability to set up and run an extrusion line from scratch
- Good understanding of mechanical applications
- Basic understanding of electronic control equipment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?