- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Asset Maintenance FPM
Southern Water are looking for an experience operational field performance manager to join their team in hampshire. Successful candidates will have experience managing team ideally within the utilities industry, and be from a MEICA background.
Overall Job/Role Purpose
To be responsible and accountable for the safe and compliant operation and maintenance of all assets within a specific geographical area for the wastewater or water function.
To be responsible for the efficiency, productivity, standards and quality to ensure compliance, serviceability and effectiveness.
Resources under control:
* Direct reports: Up To 20
* Indirect: average 15
Resources (e.g. budget control, size of operations under control)
Accountable for budget for area (approx £2m depending on area)
Responsible for acceptance and operation of capital delivery projects as they are completed
Responsible for a number of sites within a geographic area Decision Authorities Authority level and limits
Operates within a business model of having centralised control and local responsibility for an area's performance
Some established procedures (finance, information requests)
Yearly targets set with Area Manager Work is allocated in terms of targets and business requirements but the role holder has autonomy in determining how these are achieved.
Focus is 25% people management and 75% operational management
The majority of issues are routine and solved using experience and judgement
Has freedom to solve customer issues and issues relating to failed sites. For specific incidents (eg, pollution) escalates to manager as per guidelines
Change and Innovation
Can implement change to impact compliance, productivity
Change focus is continuous improvement
Communicates desired changes to team and gets them to deliver Issues with a wider impact are raised with the Area Manager
Customer / Stakeholder Management
Internal - Liaises with all of the following to exchange information about plant functioning and maintenance:
* Process Operations
* Process Scientists
* Mechanical and Electrical ICA Technicians
* Shift Controllers
* Distribution Inspectors
* H&S Advisors
* Duty Manager
* Control Centre
* Liaises with other District Managers on contract issues, information requests, and to work collaboratively on problem solving
External Customers - has direct customer contact to resolve customer issues:
* Environment Agency - liaise with regarding pollution incidents
* Environmental Health - liaise with regarding customer issues
* Commercial / cost risk around engagement of contractors
* Public health
* Company reputation
* Regulatory and legislative compliance
To build, lead and direct a competent and effective team to:
* Deliver compliance, levels of service and serviceability targets
* Integrate asset processes into water/wastewater to ensure consistency to asset issues, drive data improvements and inform the business plan
* Integrate the various aspects of water/wastewater operations to ensure consistency and efficiency of operation
* To undertake high level monitoring of operational performance and to take action to resolve as necessary
* To liaise with external contractors on works affecting site(s) and manage them where required To keep an over view of safety within the operational area and ensure that the team comply with the requirements of Health and Safety as set out by Southern Water
* To keep an overview of ISO14001 requirements within the operational area to ensure the team comply with the requirements of SW's Environmental Management System.
* To coach, mentor and develop the team with a key focus on succession planning.
* To deal with external regulatory bodies and represent the company to the media as required
* To manage events and incidents in own area in and out-of-hours as required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.