- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our London based client is seeking a Design Engineer to form part of the team responsible for the design and implementation of schemes, including planning, programming, commercial and contractual requirements.
The successful candidate will contribute to delivery of the LoHAC key performance indicators and the business plan targets. The post holder will also identify efficiencies and respond to technological advances. The post holder will work with colleagues across the Project and Planning team, along with, contractors, consultants and other key stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of schemes.
- Responsible for the production, review and submission of design for Schemes on the LoHAC Contract.
- Responsible for ensuring Task Orders are managed and dealt with in appropriate times.
- Responsible for ensuring stakeholder approval for all design works are approved ahead of build.
- Responsible for all elements of the build phase of works, including managing the SCP / DLO, supervision.
- Support the delivery of the annual schemes budget and ensure monthly commercial results are presented and assessed.
- Promote a culture of delivering continual efficiencies reducing companies and clients out turn costs.
- Actively seek growth opportunities within the London business region.
- Maintain strong shareholder relationships.
- To promote safe working practices in accordance with Health & Safety Policy, in particular related to safety in design. To lead by example at all times demonstrating commitment to achieve incidents.
- To implement and monitor processes and procedures in relation to delivery of schemes.
- Ensure delivery of the LoHAC key performance indicators for schemes.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Membership or actively working towards attainment of I.Eng or C.Eng.
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety Legislation, including The Construction, Design and Management Regulations.
- Successfully use of key performance indicators to drive delivery.
- Excellent use of change control to ensure commercial success of projects.
- Ability to prioritise work of yourself and others to ensure successful delivery of all projects.
- Good understanding of complex contractual arrangements including conventional civil engineering contracts and newer forms of contract.
- Good understanding of the relevant legislation/legal framework, including highway and traffic authority powers, duties and functions.
- Good understanding of the transport issues affecting London's road network and of the management and operation of a road network.
- Good knowledge of traffic management and traffic signals operation, road and highway layout design and analysis.
- Minimum 2 years' experience delivering Highways Projects.
- Experience of design of a range of highway related projects.
- Experience of use of computer aided design software, including AutoCAD, Civils 3D, MX.
- Experience of delivery of schemes post-design.
- Experience in, ensuring effective use of fee earning time for design work and agreed margins are met for design and construction tasks.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.