- To manage, motivate and lead the Investment team to achieve an efficient, effective and customer focussed responsive service, which achieves corporate objectives
- To lead on the delivery of the councils commercial property investment strategy which will include acquisition of new investment properties, enhanced asset management of the portfolio and a pro-active approach to day to day management , ensuring that property review and rationalisation is undertaken efficiently and effectively.
- To lead and promote effective management of the councils commercial estate and related property assets in accordance with best practise
- To lead on the development of related property strategy and policy for the service area and the implementation of annual delivery plans
- To effectively respond to audit enquiry and in the formulation of management responses and delivery of remediation/improvement plans.
- To lead and/or provide effective support to corporate property projects as required
- To be responsible for the setting, monitoring and management of service area revenue budgets including in respect of service charge accounts
- Lead in the timely delivery of the annual asset valuation programme in accordance with relevant guidance and the production of ad hoc valuations as required
- To specify, procure, appoint and contract manage external advisors and consultants as required to assist in the delivery of the Investment Strategy
- To provide significant support to the continued implementation, development and use of the Technology Forge Asset Management System from both Property Services and corporate perspectives
- Provide technical advice to the Property Manager and other key stakeholders, ensuring the council complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice
- Lead in the production of an annual investment property business plan for approval.
- Undertake the review of processes and procedures to ensure the delivery of activities in an effective and efficient manner for the service area.