- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Civil Engineer (WTW/WwTW) - High Wycombe
Our client, a leading engineering consultancy in the UK water sector, are looking to appoint a Senior / Principal Civil Engineer with treatment works design experience to join their team in High Wycombe.
Our clients' strategy is to develop and grow the service they are able to offer in supporting their water industry clients to better understand their assets and develop, design and deliver schemes to enhance their assets. This role is to support the established team in achieving this ambition, whilst increasing the business understanding of the team and building our reputation as the recognised industry leader in this field of engineering and operation.
The role will be based in our High Wycombe office working as part of a water or wastewater treatment works design teams.
- Carry out investigations, design, engineering calculations and preparation of working drawings for waste and/or water treatment schemes.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with key members of the client's asset management, delivery and operations teams.
- Work with Process, Mechanical & Electrical Engineers to develop designs
- Work with CAD team to produce drawings and 3D models
- Engage with stakeholders as required
- Engage with Operations staff as required
- Engage with Suppliers as required
- Help present proposals to the client and for internal governance
To be successful in this role, you will be;
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Chartered engineer
- Proven post graduate experience in the water industry
- Experience in the design and construction of wastewater and/or water treatment works
- Confident with the preparation and use of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Good client service focus
Experience in a self-managed role
Ability to work well both in a team and independently
Strong communication skills - both written and oral
Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...