- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Engineer - Connected Car
An excellent opportunity for a Software Developer with proven experience of Andriod App development to work in the growing Connected Car market. You will be responsible for development and release of vehicle information apps.
Among its exciting and varied activities, the Connected Car Department is responsible for maintaining and updating the on-board apps on all EU vehicles released after 2015. The applications are available on different Navigation units across different cars. They offer our customers functionality such as internet radio, POI, parking and fuel information.
This challenging role requires technical development of Android based applications and services for connected vehicle information systems and mobile phones. You would be responsible for proposals, design, development, test and quality of Apps & Services. This may be based on the in car navigation unit, smartphone, cloud and/or web.
- Develop and coordinate the release of Android based Apps and Services for connected vehicle information systems/ Mobile phones
- Handling multiple projects which may involve research themes, development for production launch, enhancement & maintenance of products already launched into the market
- Technical writing of Product Features & Specification
- Technical contribution to build Android applications from the ground-up as part of prototype team
- Undertake market research in Connected Car technology, monitoring industry & customer trends
- Work with cross-functional, multi-site teams
- Occasional overseas travel may be required
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience developing Apps for Android OS. Good understanding of Android capabilities & limitations
- Experience in cross platform Android app porting
- Understanding of GUI development tools
- Understanding of Firmware, Bootloader and OS fundamentals are desirable
- Excellent programming and computer science fundamentals and a deep love for technology
- Previous experience in software product development
- Understanding of different Software Development Lifecycle models and test methods
- Self-motivated, flexible and can-do attitude
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...