- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Opportunities have arisen for experienced ecologists to join my clients team in the midlands working on a range of infrastructure and commercial projects.
Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. The roles will involve the provision of ecological surveys and reporting, ecological mitigation design and any other related tasks. It will also involve assisting, where necessary, the other environmental disciplines in the established team and project managers across the wider practice. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team delivering on a key project and to further develop a variety of skills, and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Key work areas shall include:
- Undertaking ecological surveys and producing high quality reports.
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery services.
- Liaising with ecological Regulators and planning authorities.
- Liaising with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to their projects.
- Delivering complex projects on time and to budget.
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required.
The successful candidates shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
- Protected species licence(s) would be advantageous.
- Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MSc in a relevant environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean UK driving licence.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook (and ideally ArcGIS).
- Experience of field work and survey techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Capable of producing clear and concise written documents.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own and others workload.
- Capable of working independently and effectively with in team.
- Ability to use initiative and think innovatively.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual.
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.