- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Mechanical/Electrical General Foreman
My Client is recruiting for a Mechanical/Electrical General Foreman with Water Industry experience.
An opportunity has arisen for an M&E General Foreman to supervise multidisciplinary M&E, Instrumentation and Civils personnel and subcontractors on both clean and waste water sites based in the Bristol region.
Working under the instruction of the Operations Manager, the M&E General Foreman will be responsible for overseeing site activities to ensure that they are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost-effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- Undertake regular Personal Development Reviews of all reports
- Proactive involvement in resolving problems that may arise during the construction process.
- To undertake regular Tool Box Talks for all resources.
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Assist in achieving all project KPI`s
- Ensuring compliance to Company and Client procedures
- Must demonstrate full understanding of CDM regulations including demolition/dismantling, temporary works & Principle Contractor role including documentation.
- Bring innovative ideas
- Meet set targets
- Co-ordinate & liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams.
- Inspecting and making sure works are completed in line with the required standard
- Maintain accurate daily records.
- Coach and teach team members
Skills and Experience:
- CSCS Card
- SSSTS and SMSTS qualifications
- Safety Awareness Training
- Water Industry knowledge (clean and waste water)
- Knowledge ofICA, Electrical, Mechanical and Civil engineering.
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...