- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Highway Design Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experiened Highway Engineer to work on a contract basis on a range of Public Realm and Highway Schemes in the Cheshire area
* Analyse engineering problems, apply technical expertise and engineering judgment and produce innovative solutions through the use of complex interactive computer systems to meet legal and management objectives.
* To provide professional and technical excellence in highway engineering
* Identify, prepare, design, plan, programme and order works and services.
* Prepare and assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services.
* Provide timely and accurate advice to Councillors, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
* Liaising as required directly with Elected Members, District Councils, and stakeholders and other providers to manage the implementation of allocated programmes of work
* Assist with the management and provision of technical support for staff dealing with all aspects of the service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Desireable to have Incorporated Engineer/Technician Engineer.
* Essential to have HNC/NVQ4 or equivalent in relevant discipline
* Membership of or working towards membership of a relevant Professional Institution.
* Evidence of continuous professional development.
* Knowledge of ICE and ECC contracts and their applications.
* Good knowledge of and application of Health and Safety legislation
* Knowledge of and application of Highway Legislation, relevant design procedures and standards and good practice.
* Knowledge and experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
* Knowledge and experience of a range of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures including being fully conversant with the use of specialist software tools as required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?