- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Graduate ITS Engineer
Our client are seeking a graduate with a technology bias engineering discipline e.g. communications, electronic/electrical engineering. Relevant experience in highways & traffic technology or similar would be desirable.
To work as a valued member of the team assisting the Senior Engineer with all activities, where required, relating to the study, development, design, value management and preparation of technology schemes on the Highways England motorway and APTR network.
- Undertake specific projects as directed by the Senior Engineer, to include; planning, development and design for the application of highways technology assets e.g. VMS, MIDAS, CCTV
- Undertake the planning and design of power and communications infrastructure for highways technology assets.
- Identify and apply appropriate methodologies and standards to produce effective and innovative solutions. Actively contribute and record efficiencies and innovations.
- Carry out investigation, surveys and studies; and provide relevant reports to include potential problems, issues recommendations and solutions.
- Co-ordinate other relevant discipline surveys, safety audits etc. within the Highways team and wider group where applicable.
- Liaise with specialist supply chain to coordinate design input / output.
- Applying skills and knowledge to review and prepare technical design packages, to include drawings, briefs and specifications.
- Identify and undertake all health and safety activities as required under the current CDM regulations under supervision of Senior Engineer and in consultation with the Principle Designer utilising appropriate employee risk assessments
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification within a technology bias engineering discipline e.g. communications, electronic/electrical engineering. Relevant experience in highways & traffic technology or similar would be desirable.
- Obtained or working towards professional qualifications e.g. EngTech, MIET, IEng to CEng
- Working knowledge and experience of Highways England standards and procedures.
- A good understanding of the highways technology asset needs with experience in technical areas including but not limited to; Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), SCADA, CCTV, MIDAS, VMS & Signals, Highways Infrastructure - roadside equipment, power supplies and distribution, communications cable networks, NRTS, RCC in-station equipment.
- SMART Motorways and Expressway experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to deliver ITS/technology components for highways projects including production of design calculation, drawings, communication drawings, specifications etc.
- Ability to collate and analyse large quantities of relevant data, then demonstrate findings in a report or presentation.
- Able to perform detailed desktop and on-site surveys to gather accurate and relevant information to support the successful development and design of a solution.
- Experience in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and AutoCAD systems is essential.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills, with the ability to deliver solutions and successfully manage time to meet project deadlines, able to work independently with minimal supervision and take project ownership for delegated duties as well as demonstrate mentoring skills.
- A current UK FULL driving license is essential for the role as site visits will be required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.