- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Embedded Linux Platform Architect - Wearable Technology
Embedded Linux Platform Architect - Working with a Wearable Technology Start up. Design and development of a Linux platform within the wearable Sports Technology arena. Embedded Linux, Kernel, C/C++.
You will be designing the Embedded Linux Architecture for wearable technology used in high end sports coaching ,think motion capture suits which use on-board gyroscopes and accelerometers rather than camera rigs, all of the performance data is calculated in real time and feeds into an IPhone app.
The role is very hands on and they are looking for someone to contribute in multiple areas, it is a small team so the work will be varied, the focus will be on dynamic problem solving and getting this product to market.
In terms of technology there is a strong focus on Embedded Linux and platform development, there is also a strong interest in data compression, working with cloud technologies, application development, algorithm refinement/optimisation, communication protocol design and more. It is essential that candidates have strong experience in C and C++.
Experience in the following areas would be relevant to this role:
- Excellent programming skills in Embedded C
- Embedded Linux - Creating a platform based on linux with a number of software components (Input/Output/processing) to make up the platform.
- Proven Architecture Experience
- Tools such as Buildroot or PTXdist to help create the platform
- Linux Kernel Experience ( Build, Config, Boot manager)
Desirable but non-essential experience
- Knowledge of the Yocto platform advantageous or experience working on Linux platforms for resource constrained environments.
- C++ Programming experience
- Experience Leading a third party development team, the aim here is to bring all development in house.
- Experience with network based systems, cloud technology and local device integration.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.