- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our Energy client are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer with Protection Relay experience to join their growing team in East Anglia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing and managing electrical and civil designs across a whole range of electrical infrastructure & connection projects up to and including 132kV. The right candidate, while acting as the technical specialist, will also be required to liaise with all internal and external parties involved in the design and construction process, ensuring their designs are fully compliant to statutory regulations, relevant industry standards and customer guidelines.
Due to the complexity of the projects, candidates must be experienced working within, or directly on, DNO connection projects. While many of their competitors specialise in working across 11kV and 33kV grid connections, one of the unique selling points of our client is their experience and impressive portfolio of designing and delivering major 132kV schemes while also comfortably completing projects at the lower voltages.
The projects will be predominantly working across the contestable connections side of the market, candidates will be required to have a strong knowledge within this area and be asked to demonstrate a proven track record working within projects such as substation construction (up to 132kV), EHV cabling and earthing surveys, while being fully adverse with working on switchgear, protection, control and major plant projects.
While this role is ideal for an experienced electrical engineer, who can demonstrate the above criteria and has worked on grid connection and infrastructure projects, the candidate must also be experienced within the civil aspect of these projects. There is a large civil element to these works which interfaces with the electrical works so having an understanding or experience of substation construction would be desirable and beneficial.
The right candidate will not only diverse within their own ability but also show a flexible approach towards the projects allowing them to run smoothly, within budget and on time which is essential within our clients market place.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft applications, in particular: Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Experience of specialist software like CDEGS, Amtech also desirable.
- Good knowledge of power systems, renewable energy and protection design at all voltages.
- Sound understanding of company, industry & regulatory standards, policies and their application to the role.
- Awareness of current and technological developments in distribution plant and equipment.
- Competent in resolving a range of technical engineering issues and providing advice to internal design and construction teams.
- Acting as consultant to our clients customers for any technical queries.
- Assisting the tendering department with technical guidance for any proposed schemes.
- Taking a brief scope of works and producing a detailed design based on relevant standards.
- Preparing site layouts for multi staged substations construction projects up to 132kV.
- Produce detailed electrical control and protection drawings for construction of large schemes.
- Managing external civil design contractors and overseeing civil designs to ensure compatibility with the electrical requirements.
- Compiling a set of technical information for approval by the appropriate DNO or IDNO.
- Preparation of functional specifications and ordering high value technical plant.
- The ability to produce protection settings and write relay programme scheme logic also desirable.
- A good safety culture and sound understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
- Well organised with the ability to schedule work to meet tight timescales and deadlines.
- Good team player and the ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable with working unsupervised, setting and attain own targets, identify and implement innovative cost saving solutions, as well as being commercially astute.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.