- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
UK Power Networks are looking for an electrically bias fitter for work on their substations in the East of England. Experience working on substations is essestial for the role. The work is initially 6 months with a strong possibility of extension.
- Installation and testing of all plant and apparatus associated with the Grid, Primary and Distribution network
- Fault location and repair of all plant and apparatus associated with the Grid, Primary and Distribution network
- Supervise work undertaken by UK Power Networks contractors
- Ensure that all staff for which he/she is responsible work to the DSR and to demonstrate a strong safety culture
- Use of appropriate IT equipment
- Immediate supervision of construction / maintenance staff within their working party
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The following skills and attributes are important to this role:-
- City and Guilds 232 or equivalent
- City and Guilds 2391 preferred
- ECS Electrical Installation or equivalent
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve in a practical way and able to work under pressure
- Must have a clean driving licence
- MEWP operator licence preferred
- Confined space trained (UKPN - AB&C)
- SMSTS competence preferred
- IOSH Working safely preferred
- Furseweld and oxy-acetylene gas awareness training and experience
- A good understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Receive PTW and Manage Site Safety (up to 132kV) preferred
Nature and Scope:
The person undertaking this role will play a vital role in the safe and timely completion of the Capital Programme for the EPN region. The job holder may be required to work at any location within the UK Power
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.