- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Electric meter installer
Lv Meter Installers needed in North and South London
Installation and Maintenance of LV COP3, COP 5 and COP 10 Smart Metering Systems for Commercial and Industrial Customers to include the installation and commissioning of metering equipment including wiring of DNO CT's, meter tail installation into service heads and CT cabinet work/installation as applicable
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
* Visit Commercial and Industrial premises to install and maintain metering installations to the appropriate Code of Practice, ensuring they function correctly and provide accurate data.
* Installation and commissioning of DNO Assets including LV CT's and CT Chambers, connections to large LV supplies.
* Assess situations for level of risk in order to anticipate and avoid potential hazards. Check meters, distribution business installations and their surroundings for safety issues and report concerns to appropriate bodies
* Manage and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal customers to ensure a responsive and integrated approach to delivering contractual requirements.
* Adapt to unforeseen problems and make decisions to get the job done.
* Investigate and diagnose metering faults and resolve with minimal supervision
* Develop technical skills and stay abreast of changes in technology and procedure in order to meet the demands of the smart and competitive metering market.
* Record relevant information and warnings for future reference and report incidents to the appropriate bodies
* Progressing to be trained and authorised up to install, commission and maintain HV Metering Systems and installation of and connection of HV metering cabinets.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS City & Guilds 236 qualification or equivalent. (Electrical or Electronic). Sound electrical background, gained through work in an electrical environment preferably with apprenticeship. A sound knowledge of EH&S responsibilities.
Experience: Sound electrical background, the installation of Code of Practice 3, 5 and 10 Smart Metering and knowledge of CT's and meter cabinets.
Additional Requirements / Comments: * Clean driving license and the willingness to drive distances which may include overnight stays. Willingness to work evenings, nights and weekends where required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?