- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Calibration Engineer
Calibration Engineer with experience of engine management systems, electronic diesel control calibration, engines, and vehicles.
The Calibration Team supports the design, application, development and project management activities for automotive components used by a major OEM! The successful applicant will work as a member of a team with a diverse range of responsibilities which will include the opportunity for visits to the customer in the UK and for some overseas travel to manufacturing sites.
Your contribution to something big
- Application and Calibration of Electronic Powertrain control software, achieving flawless industrialization of new customer applications.
- Support regular calibration reviews/meeting with customer leading relevant topics as required.
- Test, document and validate new software features/updates, associated with responsible functions.
- Data Set / Calibration building and management support using both internal and customer management tools.
- Support trouble shooting and customer quality investigations into engines/ vehicles in relation to product responsible functions/products.
- Support offsite as required (other customer sites)
- Support customer environment test trips (cold, hot, altitude etc).
What distinguishes you
- Appropriate engineering degree, e.g. mechanical or electronic.
- A knowledge of engine management systems, electronic diesel control calibration, engines, and vehicles.
- Extensive knowledge of ECU S/W and associated functionalities.
- Skilled in PC based application tools such as ETAS INCA.
- Calibration/ test experience of engines and vehicles
- Valid driving licence.
- Flexibility to base at customer site as necessary.
- Knowledge of diesel systems is advantageous esp. DeNOx, Diagnostics, FIE.
- Knowledge of the German language is advantageous.
- Able to support internal European trips and global climate test trips.
- Good communicator and customer orientated.
- Good team member.
- Flexible to travel away for 1-3Wks.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?