- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Landscape Architect
The person appointed will join a growing team with a wide range of client interests within the public and private sectors. The position will seek to provide maternity cover and maintain as well as help to grow the delivery of our expanding workload
The person will play a key role in the development of our growing regional business, linking in with other parts of the environmental business. While the post would be based in our Glasgow office, there may be a requirement to work out of other Scotland offices, where the need arises, in order to meet the demands of fluctuating workloads.
The position requires a Chartered Landscape Architect with a minimum of 3 years post chartered experience, combining an excellent track record in design and assessment, with particular experience in providing advice to our growing markets in the infrastructure, public realm and water sectors.
- Design input to a range of projects, including Rail road and infrastructure, Public realm streetscape and urban regeneration, Education, housing and health projects
- Preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Preparation of tender responses
- Provision of landscape advice to external and internal clients
- Management, including financial management, of projects
- Resource allocation in liaison with the Principal Landscape Architect
- Mentoring of junior staff
- A relevant Landscape degree
- Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute
- Relevant post qualification experience in a Landscape role, ideally in both the public and private sectors
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, particularly in the sectors of transport infrastructure
- Excellent project management skills for multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience and knowledge of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment to varying methodologies i.e. GLVIA, DMRB, would be advantageous
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate commercial expertise
- Competent in AutoCAD and be able to demonstrate the use of Adobe software packages would be an advantage
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Commercial awareness and business development skills
- Flexibility to work in other Scotland offices according to workload demands.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Architecture
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...