- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Engineer LNG
My client a reputable LNG Ship Owner are looking to recruit a Project Engineer for their Technical Fleet Team based in London. The role is suited to a Marine Engineer with proven LNG Operations experience from either a Seagoing or Shore side role.
Position Summary: To support the Fleet Teams in engineering projects and the implementation of modifications and improvements to fleet vessels.
Planning Responsibilities --- (Plan)
- Prepare projects (outside contractors and in-house) and budget proposals.
- Prepare project management plans considering schedules and timelines.
- Prepare specifications for approved projects.
- Develop new engineering practices and procedures.
Operational Responsibilities --- (Do)
- Discuss job specification / agree scope with suppliers and evaluate vendors tender.
- Coordinate internal resources and external contractors to ensure a high quality implementation of the approved projects and to ensure the delivery is inside the proposed timeline.
- Control costs of approved projects and manage any deviation during the timeline of the project.
- Management of approved projects at repair periods, either during voyage or in dock.
- Coordination and implementation of in-house projects and engineering studies.
Preferably holds Class 1 Marine Engineer certificate, or degree / naval architecture equivalent. Knowledge and experience of LNG operations desirable.
- A desire to drive continuous improvement in maintenance and operational condition of existing companies and new vessels.
- Able to deliver quality, economical and intuitive solutions.
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner.
- Good time management.
- Thorough understanding of technical operations and propulsion plants of different types of LNG/C.
- Understanding of cargo containment systems, cargo handling equipment and auxiliary systems on board managed vessels.
- Basic automation and electrical knowledge.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...
- Flagship UK aircraft carrier heads home
The mighty HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier will soon arrive in her home port of Portsmouth – a milestone moment for the...