- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Marshall Technical Author
A Technical Author is required to support the production of complex engineering documentation for the Project Marshall team.
- The Technical Author will be accountable for delivering the documentation to set timeframes, whilst ensuring the quality of Authored tasks meet the set specification and standards;
- Ensure customer satisfaction by achieving high standards of consistency and accuracy of tasks authored;
- Drive a culture to enable authors to deliver right first time documents. They will consistently strive to improve delivery standards and exceed customer expectations;
- Able to Author complex tasks, including test and design documents, when they arise, to strict quality standards and stringent delivery dates.
- Work on task definition activities, to enable production by other authors, in order to meet the customer KPIs
- Supports the achievement of Project Milestones and looks for opportunities to improve productivity and reduce costs
- Able to understand complex, technical concepts and translate them into simple, accessible content.
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically in relation to extracting knowledge from technical and process experts.Key RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compliance: Produce documentation to the required quality and applicable standards
- Creation: Authoring of new and revised technical documentation, compliant with data creation process, guidelines, style guides and best practice
- Culture: Delivery of 'Right First Time' ethos
- Process Improvement: Drives continuous improvements in processes and efficiency. Works with stakeholders internally to share best practice; ensuring creation of supporting documentation and guides.
- People: Works with the Programme Managers, Test Team, and Engineering Design Team in particular, to consistently maintain and improve knowledge, performance and highlights any concerns identified.Qualifications/skills
- Technical Authoring competence, preferably gained in a Technical Documentation environment e.g. within the Engineering or Aerospace industry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good at working with stakeholders and handling conflict resolution.
- Adaptable and has a proactive approach to work.
- Resourceful, confident and takes the initiative.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.Additional InfoProject MARSHALL involves the delivery of numerous Air Traffic Management (ATC) systems across approximately 100 Ministry of Defence airfields and service delivery sites across the UK and several overseas locations.
- NATS and Thales have entered into a partnership to form the AQUILA consortium to bid for the MOD Project MARSHALL contract from the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.