- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
A Supportability Engineer is required to join Babcock in Barrow on a contracting basis, this is an initial 3 month contract which is expected to extend the duration of the role up to 12 months.
Babcock is a Tier 1 Industrial Participant within the Dreadnought Class Submarine design programme and is performing the role of the Whole Boat Support Integrator (WBSI). In addition to setting and integrating the supportability performance at whole boat, the WBSI provides an embedded team that is responsible for influencing and reporting on the supportability considerations of the Platform and Secondary Propulsion Major Systems.
The Dreadnought Class JT Supportability Engineer reports via the Joint Team Lead Supportability Engineer to the Dreadnought Class Principal Supportability Engineer and is responsible for completing supportability analysis on a number of specified systems and is the single focal point for all WBSI interaction.
The responsibility of the Supportability Engineer is to assess and influence the system level design, initially through RCM and FMECA, such that it meets the performance required of the Major System and ultimately enable the Whole Boat to meet its CASD and TLC targets as specified in the Support Maturity Management Plan.
The JT Supportability Engineer is accountable to the Principal Supportability Engineer via the JT Lead Supportability Engineer for:
- Technical quality of the engineering deliverables demonstrating compliance with the required technical assurance and governance processes as specified in the WBSI Engineering Management Plan.
- Adherence to the schedule of work that satisfies the BAES System Level Review process and the WBSI Support Maturity Management Plan for allocated systems;
- Assessing and influencing the design of named systems by completing supportability analysis such as RCM and FMECA, which is processed by a toolset to generate products in support of system technical notes and Case Reports;
- Recording risks or issues that may prevent a system from meeting its supportability requirements, including but not limited to:
- Shore Regime Safety Functional Requirements
- Obsolescence and Disposal
- Ensuring that applicable Learning from Experience has been adequately embodied or addressed within the design.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...